12th Anniversary of our Church in Manta
Our church in Manta, Iglesia Bíblica Bautista de Manta, celebrated its 12th anniversary of ministry. It gives us joy to see the church moving forward, continuing to grow as a community of God’s grace and service. Pastor Darwin reports that people are coming to know and follow Jesus through the ministries of the church in Manta and in La Revancha.
What will we do next?
During the past few months, many people have asked, “What will you guys be doing next?” We asked that question for over a year by prayer, in conversation with trusted friends and counselors, and as we worked with the Manta church through earthquake relief and the leadership transition. We believe that God has led us to continue our service in Ecuador in a ministry of multiplication: helping local churches multiply disciples, servant-leaders, and local churches.
How will we do it?
Here are some of the ways we plan to serve for multiplication:
• Build and strengthen relationships with pastors, churches, and ministry leaders beginning in Manta and extending throughout Ecuador.
• Provide materials and training to local churches for discipleship and leadership development; and teach or preach wherever needed in support of those ministries.
• Encourage, coach, and assist pastors and local churches to develop and implement strategies for church planting in their area.
• Give hospitality at our home to pastors, along with their wives and families, for times of respite and renewal, to meet with them for prayer, counsel, and encouragement in a relaxed setting.
• Make connections between our ministry partners in the USA and church planters in Ecuador for relationships and resources.
Where will we live?
We believe that we can be most effective by maintaining our connection to the church in Manta and serving its ministry leaders. Our family can continue to be a part of church life where we are known and loved. We would like to live in a more rural setting, but not too far from the city. When we return to Ecuador later this year, we plan to sell our home and buy property within a 30-minute drive of the city, in a more natural environment, with space for the hospitality aspects of our family ministry. We estimate that we’ll need to raise up to $50,000 for construction.
Will you pray with us about these plans for our future ministry? Will you pray for God’s guidance to the best location for our family home? Will you ask God what he would allow you to invest financially in this exciting stage of our ministry?
Thank you for praying and giving.